Busse's Lock Service, LLC: 
                        2003 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27608


Cam Lock

This is a common type of small lock that is used on cabinets, tool boxes, etc. It is distinguished from other designs by an obvious swing-arm or cam on the back which turns with the key to lock the door or drawer. The lock can be long or short. The cam might be long or short, bent or straight, and may even be in the shape of a hook.

Change key

In the context of a master key system this refers to the very lowest level of key. A change key would typically work a single apartment or a single office door. In the context of a push-button lock or a safe dial, it can refer to a key or tool that is used during the procedure to change the combination. See also master key and submaster key.

Cipher lock

This is a term some people use to refer to push-button locks. See Access control.

Composite safe

This refers to a safe that is constructed to be both burglar-resistive and fire-resistive. If your safe or box doesn’t carry a label specifying a fire rating and a burglary rating, it isn’t a composite safe! See also fire-resistive and burglar-resistive.

Control key

This refers to a special key used to remove and install interchangeable cores. Some people also call this a core key.